Monday, December 12, 2011

Morrison's Door

I would smash the clock at sunrise
When the sky turns to blue
I would sleep at night beneath your bed
And dream only of you

I would wash the hands of madness
Inside my hullabaloo

But I can't....so I won't
Oh no
I can't....so I won't

I would bind my eyes to midnight
Weep the tides to the shore
I would stay at night in your bed
Forever and evermore

I would tell the man that nowhere's
Worth leavin here for

But I can't....so I won't
Oh no
But I can't....so I won't


[Bridge]
Well, we ran away with the lightning
And we chased a fearsome roar
Not one of us saw it coming
When you knocked on Morrison's door

On the night it finally ended
Somebody peeled away the floor
All I wanted was in your life
Nothing less nothing more
Than what's not in the store....

[instrumental break]

[Repeat verses]


No comments:

Post a Comment